"Cookies" are small files with information that a website (specifically the web server) stores on a user's computer / tablet / mobile phone, so that every time the user connects to the website, the latter retrieves the information in question and to offer the user related services. A typical example of such information is the user's preferences on a website, as indicated by the choices the user makes on the specific website (e.g. selection of specific "buttons", searches, advertisements, etc.).
Cookies are governed by the e-privacy Directive 2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC (which has been incorporated into Greek Law with N 3471/2006) as expressly provided for in the 2016/679 Protection Regulation Personal Data recital 173.
According to current law N3471/2006 (see article 4 par.5 of this law as amended by article 170 N 4070/2012) " The installation of cookies is only permitted with the user's consent and after appropriate information."
That is why, during the user's first visit to the website www.haciendacafe.com, pop-up windows appear where the visiting user can declare his consent to the installation of the cookies that are specifically mentioned and these are non-functional cookies that aim to improve the products and of the services presented on the Website such as: the User's rating or evaluation of products and services, ordering free samples, printing discount or non-discount coupons, connecting to social media, configuring audio and video players adapting the information to the user's personal preferences, statistical analysis cookies regarding the number of visitors to the website and the number of pages viewed without direct identification of the user, advertising cookies with the collection of information for online advertising purposes which are included in certain general categories or areas of interest of the user by examining the websites he sees and the links he chooses on other websites as well as the electronic messages from www.haciendacafe.com that he opens and the links it chooses from them by choosing ads only based on data that does not allow the user to be directly identified.gr that opens and the links it selects from them by selecting ads only based on data that does not allow direct identification of the user.gr that opens and the links it selects from them by selecting ads only based on data that does not allow direct identification of the user.
Α. With your consent
1. Facebook Ads
2. Google Ads
3. Social Media Cookies
Β. Without Your Consent
1. Browser agent data
2. Unique identifier
There are "cookies" that have been assessed by the Working Group of Article 29* as technically and functionally necessary for the connection to the website or for the provision of the internet service. For these, the law does not require prior consent.
These are (see also Wp29 Opinion 4/2012)
• "Cookies" that are necessary to recognize and/or maintain content entered by the subscriber or user during a connection (session) to a website throughout the duration of the specific connection. (For example, such "cookies" are necessary when the user fills in an electronic form).
The same category includes "persistent" cookies that are installed for the same purpose and last for a few hours. • "Cookies" that are necessary for the authentication of the subscriber or user in services that require authentication
• "Cookies" that are installed for the purpose of the security of the subscriber or user, such as for example "cookies" that detect repeated unsuccessful attempts to enter a user's account on a particular website.
• "Cookies" with multimedia content, such as flash player "cookies", during a connection (session) to a website. Such are, for example, the "cookies" that are installed by viewing a video on the website the user has visited.
• "Cookies" that are necessary for carrying out the technique of load balancing (load balancing) in a connection to an internet website.
• "Cookies" that "remember" the choices of the subscriber or user regarding the presentation of the website (e.g. "cookies" regarding the choice of language or the presentation of search results on a website).
• "Cookies" that are installed through additional programs (plug-ins) on social network websites and relate to the sharing of content between certified members who have already logged in.
You can delete all cookies already on your computer, as well as set most browsers to prevent the installation of cookies. However, in this case, you may need to adjust some preferences yourself each time you visit a website, and some services may also not work.
To control and/or delete cookies according to your wishes, details can be found here:
You can easily accept or reject cookies on this website by selecting your option in the cookies bar.
* WP29 : Established pursuant to Article 29 of Directive 95/46/EC for the protection of natural persons against the processing of personal data and for the free movement of such data. The Group has an advisory character to the European Commission but is independent from it. It is composed of a representative of the Data Protection Authorities of each member state and examines matters of particular importance or matters of particular interest regarding the protection of personal data and which fall under the first pillar of the EU. The examination of the matters takes place either at the request of the European Commission or at the suggestion of the members of the Group. The Group issues opinions and working papers.